Saturday, May 3, 2014

One Week

In one week, I will be back in Kenya.

In one week, I will be submerged into a culture so different from that of North America.

In one week, I will be independent from the rushed society of this fast-paced nation.

In one week, I will be surrounding by a language that is not my own.

In one week, I will be adjusting to a different time zone.

In one week, I will be noticed as a "sore thumb."

In one week, I will be back in Kenya.

In one week, I will be beginning my three month stay.

In one week, I will be greeted by the Swahili word "Jambo!"

In one week, I will be back in the land that stole my heart two years ago.

In one week, I will be back in the streets of a country for which I have a soft spot.

In one week, I will see friendly strangers with smiles consuming the entirety of their faces.

In one week, I will be back in Kenya.

**************************************************

This blog will serve as an update for my experiences and encounters as I spend my summer in Kenya. Please join me on this adventure. My journey begins in one week.

Until then, Kenya take me back to Africa?



Love always,
Bekah

No comments:

Post a Comment